Monday 26 July 2010

Can't find what you want?

As an Interior Designer I am constantly trawling the shops and internet for design ideas to fit with themes I am creating for clients. At the moment I am project managing the re-design of a lounge near Reading. My client wanted a TV cabinet to cover an entire wall of their lounge. They had looked at Ikea but didn't want to have any wasted space around the outside. I contacted some joinery companies locally but prices coming out at £8k was not going to be possible.

My tenacity paid off! I contacted an old friend that I knew from Newbury Rugby Club who worked for a large local Joinery company. He gave me the name of another joiner that does some work on the side... He couldn't do it but he had a colleague who was about to leave and set up his own company! Kerching! Ray at R K Farris in Hungerford has now completed drawings which my client has approved and well under their £3k budget! It certainly pays to be persistent!

If you need something that you can't find, let me know and I'll do the leg work for you! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment